Saturday 27 September 2008

Twilight Zone Revisited Vintage 1960

'There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area we call......The Twilight Zone!'



You may well ask why I am blogging the Twilight Zone!!
Well it all started with avt coach and flygirl sharing the same birthday and each commenting on many serendipitous likenesses they share.
As the list grew avt coach mentioned 'the Twilight Zone music was getting pretty loud'. From then on we all started commenting on the imaginary 'twilight zone music' playing in the background!

My theory is the 'Six Degrees of Separation' angle.....but that is another subject for another time.

Lastly but not least octamom joined in the conversation and said 'cue the Twilight Zone music!!!'.....so that was 'the straw that broke the camels back'.......I HAD TO BLOG IT!

Postscript: avt coach, flygirl and octamom were not born when the Twilight Zone show first appeared on television.......I WAS!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

What fun! I am laughing so hard I cannot believe your creativity!!!You are amazing, I am so glad I found you! I agree with you about 6 degrees of separation. You are a part of it too you know.. and Octamom. This blog experience that I am having is not one that I expected...it's way more fun and personally uplifting.
Oh, and I love the new header! What fun to change it around to display your photography!
Did you see Octamom in her Monkey PJs? It's hysterical!!!

Roban said...

I am always so amazed when people think of something to do, and do it! Unlike me, who thinks and thinks and thinks about doing something....
Entering your Twilight Zone was perfect!
Funny thing is, a couple of years ago when my family vacationed in Cedar Keys, Florida, a Twilight Zone marathon was playing ALL weekend. My daughter and I kept flipping to it when we were at the house. We remember it as our Twilight Zone vacation!
Thanks for joining in the fun! What a neat surprise!
Now I've got to go to Octamom's site to see the Monkey PJs, then tape up my kitchen so I can paint!

Roban said...

Thanks for visiting and commenting on the Akiane scrapblog. It was a joy to make, but I had an extremely difficult time limiting the number of paintings I featured. I have so many favorites of hers. Some that I left out were of animals. A beautiful one of two horses, also one of a lion. They are all incredibly done. Her poetry is also worth a visit to her Website. She has even said that although the poems make sense as she creates them, she doesn't understand them once she is finished.

I enjoyed beginning the week with your words in mind about hoping I have a stress free week. My kitchen turned out okay. Maybe a tad too yellow for me. Hmmm. Painting and choosing colors sounds like a blog topic for me.

Take care, and enjoy your day/week!

Roban

McMGrad89 said...

Nice swan photo.

Thanks for stopping and sharing your "Happiness is..." ideas. I have been having a great time reading everyone' input.