Saturday 13 September 2008

The Five Love Languages

A very close friend recommended I read a book called 'The Five Love Languages' by Gary Chapman. I was so impressed by the information in the book I thought I would write about it in my blog.
It is one of those books that can change a persons outlook about the people that are important in their lives.....parents, children, lovers, friends, husbands, wives, partners.

The Five Love Languages are:
Word of Affirmation
Quality Time
Receiving Gifts
Acts of Service
Physical Touch

My love language is Quality Time and reading this book has helped me understand myself and the people close to me much better.

Do yourself a favour and click on the link below and if you are suitably impressed buy the book!

http://www.fivelovelanguages.com/learn.html

3 comments:

McMGrad89 said...

I am one who appreciates affirmations while my daughter is one who is reached better through gifts. It is an interesting combination for sure.

Roban said...

Interesting... I may need to read the book first, but I am probably someone who appreciates affirmations and offers quality time. My husband definitely shows his love through acts of service(he packs my breakfast and lunch everyday). So I guess instead of words of affirmation, he gives me lunches of affirmation!

Roban said...

Peg,
You left such thoughtful comments on my last post about my students' memoirs, I had to write you back. I so appreciate hearing from you and agree with what you said about writing down our thoughts when we're troubled. I have kept so many journals over the years... It seemed that I wrote when I needed to make sense of things and wrote less when things were going okay.

I would like to listen to the song you mentioned. Do you know if it's something I can find online and download?

Roban