Wednesday 20 March 2013

Good Company

The evening closes in on a warm summer's day.

The wine is coursing through you and through your friends but not down into the tributary of political discourse that can end up in an almighty row, but down the waterfalls of laughing memory.

Long forgotten stories and cackles emerge of times past while grand plans are made for the future still to be lived.

Sharing bread, barbecues and those generous anecdotes - the simple gentleness of caring for the people you love.


"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one." 
~~ C.S. Lewis



Celia and Marja, two very dear friends who live in Christchurch, New Zealand.....now my second home!

11 comments:

HappyOrganist said...

You're so cute, Peggy ;)
Guess what? I made some bread just the other day and it turned out! Usually I bake bricks. hehehe
♥♥♥
I am happy to know you.. and I like that your writing is poetic.
Happy Wednesday (thursday?) =DD

- J

Christine said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time Peggy, lovely words, lovely post. Good friends are precious indeed.

Marja said...

Your words are beautiful and it's an honour to be your friend. I really enjoyed meeting up with you.
Reminds me I need to catch up with Celia. I've been bad.

Bill Lisleman said...

great way to express what friends are for.
Oh maybe that should be friends and wine are for.

Roban said...

That was a wonderful tribute to what good friends are for. Sounds like good times can be found in New Zealand (or anywhere we take the time to look!). Hugs!

McMGrad89 said...

Very nice, Peggy. You know, you should gather some of these more prosaic posts into a book.

Mike Smith said...

That's a fabulous photo, Peggy - warmth radiates from it. Hope you are well, my friend.

cheap baseball jerseys said...

I like the another saying of Lewis too, "Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it's thinking of yourself less."

Can-Can said...

Lovely. Now that spring is here, I will have to have that kind of leisurely pleasure with friends. Thanks for such a positive post.

Relyn Lawson said...

I meant to tell you on that previous post - coolest bench I've ever seen.

Lilly said...

Beautiful photo Peggy. You all look happy and content.