Monday 31 August 2009

Reflecting On Our WORDS - August

I feel empowered today because four of my blog friends and myself are joining together AGAIN and reflecting on our WORDS for the year. It is really a gift for me that we chose to do this project together as I feel these posts help keep my WORD in the forefront of my mind.

We began our journey with our WORDS back in January. Caroline over at The Zen in You gave us the inspiration.

The ideas lady, Coach, suggested "this month we make one statement......one sentence about how we are feeling about our Word and where we are in the month of August. An honest assessment of how it is going. Pitfalls or Pleasures".

Now as I am such a music freak the song I associate with this post is:

ON MY WAY HERE by CLAY AIKEN:

"On My Way Here
Where I am now
I've learned to fly
I have to want to leave the ground
I've fallen hard
But I've been loved
And in the end it all works out
My faith has conquered fear
On my way here".

Here are our reflections for August:

Coach - ABUNDANCE


In August, I recognized the ABUNDANCE of seeing old friends, listening to great music, feeling the cool mountain air, and having a real time phone conversation with a good mate!







Annemarie - DISCIPLINE


DISCIPLINE is setting your eyes on the prize, recognizing what you need to do to get there and removing all obstacles that will prevent you from finishing the race.







Roban - JOY and FAITH





I have found that JOY is all around me.... It just takes opening my eyes and heart to really see it and feel it!







Julie - EXCELLENCE





EXCELLENCE: A process and a discipline, not a destination.











Moi - BALANCE






Striving for BALANCE between complexity and simplicity, constantly evaluating and re-evaluating the trade-offs I have to make to get there.








This quote I dedicate to my lovely friends:
"By associating with wise people you will become wise yourself".
Menander


Please join us in reflecting on your word by commenting or posting on your blog and linking to this post. The blogosphere is a wonderful community, a place to share, dream and smile!

Namaste
Peggy

18 comments:

Wendy said...

My dear Peggy, you have added such authenticity to our posts by posting our pictures. They are all good pictures and we all look so happy to be together through these lenses. Love the Clay Aiken song too! Have a balanced and abundant week!

Roban said...

You made this so... perfect! I love how you included our pictures. It really makes the writing seem so more meaningful.

Christine said...

I like your quote today, Peggy... it's often also occurred to me to try to associate with people who uplift you rather than bring you down.

McMGrad89 said...

Oh, Wise One. Thank you for adding to my wisdom.

TheChicGeek said...

Peggy, what a beautiful post! Thank you for this! You have filled me with so much joy, hope, happiness, love...all good things today.
So many wise women and their thoughts...what a wonderful way to begin my day!

I love the words in Clay Aiken's song too...absolutely perfect!
Love you, Girl!
xox

HappyOrganist said...

oh I'm so thrilled to be hanging out with the right crowd =D
!

I like your passion for music, Peggy. very nice.
nice song. nice quote. (couldn't listen to the song. some songs I just can't listen to, you know. for fear I'll crack up (i don't mean laughing - though it is funny) while listening to them).
Some messages I just can't handle sometimes. (even though they are positive!)

but. love your passion for music.

hasta luego (o bien pronto)
- J

wow, what a nice crowd...

Nina said...

I love the words; "But I've been loved And in the end it all works out My faith has conquered fear
On my way here".
Reflecting on where we've been, were we are, and where we'd like to be; Kindred spirits in this world we call home. May we find Peace, Hope and contentment in all that is. Thank you for sharing a piece of yourself, your soul,... Love and Light, Nina P.

Hybrid J said...

What a loving way to share your wisdom with us!

Apart from surrounding us with wise people, don't forget that we also have our own wise woman / wise man in our souls. Quiet your mind, look deep and you shall see her / him.

Also, I'm truly grateful to your continual support to my blog and my creative journey! You're such a generous, loving and fun person! :)

Anonymous said...

I loved this post - getting to see the faces behind the blogs. It's interesting how in the blog world like gathers like and we find kindred spirits to share our journey. We are a bunch of seekers aren't we?

My word: adventure. The aspect of the word felt in August was the adventure of meeting new people. Making connections with people I have met in cyberspace and those here in New Zealand. Every friendship is an adventure of sorts. Opening up to new friendships takes a little daring – that feeling of vulnerability. And then the joy of reciprocation. You can never have too many friends!

laughingwolf said...

hi peggy, seems i've been a follower for some time and had you linked, too, but have neglected to visit :(

thx for your kind comments on my page :)

Silver said...

"By associating with wise people you will become wise yourself".
Menander

i couldn't agree more. ;)

it's great to hear this song again by Aiken.

Unknown said...

you're so cool. And balance...hanging out with Zhen much? ;)

My word was courage but I havent had to use it too much I dont think. I am still such a chicken

Paula said...

TRuly a wonderful post and such a great idea by wise ladies to grow even further. Hugs to all of you

Chapter Forty said...

Hi Peggy
I love the quote about hanging out with wise people. Because you always have something sensible to say. I am awarding the MeMe Award to you. Come over to my place for the details. Thanks

Lilly said...

Beautiful uplifting post. And I love all the photos too. Peggy you are so pretty. A beautiful, beautiful smile!!!!

I love this line from the song, 'And in the end it all works out' because invariably it does one way or the other doesn't it?

I missed your music. Will stay and listen awhile. Hope you are well and happy in this beautiful springtime!!

Frequent Traveler said...

That was beautiful, Peggy.

Having those *light* filled smiling photographs of each person associated with their word was really lovely, made the words sink home.

I think my word would be learning to keep my promises to self and others in an impeccable way... Okay, that's more than one word, but that's the idea :)

Caroline said...

Again, you find a wonderful way each month to inspire us with your words! Thank you ladies!!

Pink Heels said...

This is such a great idea to connect with so many other fabulous women! It is amazing how our blog community keeps on growing.