Tuesday 31 March 2009

Reflecting On Our Words - March

We are now a quarter of the way through 2009 and today being the last day of March, it is "Reflecting on our Word" day.

With my friends Annemarie, Roban, AVT Coach and Julie we have committed to a joint post at the end of each month on a WORD each of us has chosen for 2009. This helps us stay focused and highlights our journey these words are taking us on.

For March we have each taken a photo that represents our WORD.

Roban - Moments in Time - FAITH & JOY



AVT Coach - ABUNDANCE



Annemarie - So I Was Just Thinking - DISCIPLINE



Julie - Octamom - EXCELLENCE



Peggy - Middle Age Ramblings - BALANCE



Once again you are all welcome to join in reflecting on your word for the year by commenting or posting on your blog and linking to this post. I'd love to hear how your WORD is guiding you through the year. To revisit our previous months, here is our January post and February post.

"While there is perhaps a province in which the photograph can tell us nothing more than what we see with our own eyes, there is another in which it proves to us how little our eyes permit us to see". ~Dorothea Lange

11 comments:

Roban said...

A quarter of the year has passed...? Somehow, I hadn't looked at it that way. Somehow, that makes me think life is moving way too fast for me!

Roban

Wendy said...

I am smiling right now...you and AnneMarie both put Bread on your post! It is really a gift to me that we chose to do this project together. The project itself is really a blessing isn't it. Wow! I can't believe the year is 25% over. Make me look forward to the other 75%. But, I will not be looking ahead...I will only focus on the 26th%! :):) Happy Wednesday to you, as we cherish another Tuesday here!!

McMGrad89 said...

I came here to say the same as Roban - 1/4 of a year passing is a bit overwhelming to wrap my mind around. That means we are that much closer to our soon to be famous whirlwind tour.

Great post. AND! Great minds think alike.

Anonymous said...

These are all interesting expressions of your different words. I like the interpretation of abundance as experiences! I don't know how to link it - but I've written about my word on my blog!

carrhop said...

love this quote!

Again, what a joy to be on this little word journey with you all!

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Well....I know it shouldn't be but my word for TODAY is ENVY! We have just been round to the new build house we have purchased jointly with our son to find out that his immediate neighbours have managed to acquire a bit of extra garden out of some 'no man's land'. All my focus is on 'could we do the same?','aren't they lucky?','what great views they have now'. I know I should be focusing on POSITIVE,GOOD words.....but today it has to be ENVY!
CJ....(I hardly dare to admit)

Lance said...

Hi Peggy,

I love this post...and just saw something very similar over at AVTCoach's site - where I left a long comment - so I'll hold off here. That you five are committed to focusing on this every month is awesome! I love the energy I feel from these posts. You all rock!

I've felt my word - courage - really coming to life this past month - in very good ways....

Cozyflier said...

Very Inspiring Peggy. I didn't know you all were doing this.

BTW, I love the possum picture.
Have a great week.

Zz... said...

Ooh my favourite is Discipline- not just cos I need it ALOT right now but also because the pictures made my mouth start salivating immediately! Someone looks like an awesome cook!!!

p.s I love "take my breath away"- i remember being very small when this was a hit-takes me back to those carefree days when life was such a breeze :) I don't know why but I find this song incredibly nostalgic...

Paula & Skip said...

HI, just found your blog and love, certainly will stop by often.
"From the inside out-- Every day of our lives we create a self-portrait. As we define ourselves we erase a bit here, add a bit there, make this side more colorful or that one a bit more subdued. If willing to learn, experience adds depths. I am work in progress every day of my life."
(Source unknown) Paula

Lilly said...

What a great idea and I love the images - they speak more than words could, don't they? Have you been to Jackson Browne yet?