Wednesday 22 March 2023

Acceptance - 2023

In reflecting and selecting my word for 2023, “Acceptance” felt like a natural choice. 

Accepting and meeting others where they are at.

Accepting and loving myself as I am.

Accepting a difficult reality.

Accepting a challenge.

Accepting help.

Accepting praise, feedback, and different points of view.

Accepting new opportunities. Deciding what one cannot - and will not - accept.

Acceptance isn’t about giving up, or surrendering. It’s about getting perspective, and making a decision that is best for you at that time.

 

Acceptance supports us in making good choices. When we get thrown a curveball, it helps us move forward towards new goals instead of getting stuck in muck of regret or disappointment. 

The longer I live, the more I’ve come to accept that things rarely go the way we imagine. While we may get blown off course from time to time, we may also end up somewhere more beautiful than we dared to dream.

"I think tolerance and acceptance and love is something that feeds every community."
~~ Lady Gaga

Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi, Australia 2008


8 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Glad that acceptance is proving worthwhile in your life!

Christine said...

Inspiring post Peggy

miruspeg said...

Good morning Debra and Christine
Thanks for stopping by and reading and commenting on my post.
You are wonderful blogging friends and I treasure having you both in my life.
Biggest hugs
Peggy xxx

Kathy G said...

Inspirational words!

miruspeg said...

Thanks heaps Kathy.
All the best my friend
Peggy xx

Bill Lisleman said...

"...things rarely go the way we imagine." - Oh yes so very true. Life has had many scary bad turns for me lately. Try as we might, we can't really imagine all the feelings of a bad time.
Acceptance of your bad situation is better than fooling yourself with denial.
Good post.
(oh I have not posted in quite some time because of this "issue", maybe soon.)

miruspeg said...

Hello Bill
Just got back from a 2 week holiday in Tasmania, Australia so only just now reading your comments.
Sorry to hear life is not going so well for you at the moment.
I'll pop over to your blog now and see if you have written about it.
Take care my dear friend.
Biggest hugs
Peggy xxxx

J. S. Vila said...

Its a beautiful photograph this sculpture.