Sunday 13 November 2022

The Answer Maybe in the Question

Asking the right question in order to get ourselves thinking, really thinking - there is so much truth in this.

When we can ask that question, at the right moment, and that gives us clarity of direction, how powerful this can be in our lives.

These questions I found while surfing the web have no right or wrong answers, because sometimes asking the right questions is the answer.

1. How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?

2. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?

3. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?

4. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?

5. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?

6. What’s something you know you do differently than most people?

7. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back?

8. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?

9. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?


"I cannot stress enough that the answer to life's questions is often in people's faces.  Try putting your iPhones down once in a while, and look in people's faces.  People's faces will tell you amazing things, like if they are angry or nauseous or asleep"
~~ Amy Poehler


I took this photo in January 2011 when hiking with friends at Seal Cave, near Stoney Bay on the Banks Peninsula Track on the South Island of New Zealand. It would be a perfect spot to contemplate some of these questions.



7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

"Sometimes asking the right questions is the answer" -- that's very true. And these are all excellent questions!

Marie Smith said...

I have been thinking of a version of the last question for a while now. Family culture was an important part of my childhood and it informs who I am today. In Canada, the treatment of the First Nations people prevented their understanding of their traditional culture, which I cannot imagine. This affected generations!

Our cultural memories inform how we experience the world. Without them, we are rudderless in the world. That’s what I’ve determined so far anyway.

There is lots of food for thought in these questions.

Christine said...

Thoughtful questions.

Bill Lisleman said...

These questions can take you into some deep thought. I do wonder if many people spend much time in deep thought.
I have my own answer for number 4. I believe chance or luck plays a bigger role in our lives than our ability to control our life. That said, it's necessary to have a level of knowledge to see the opportunity when a lucky event passes your way. You can't wait around for luck to come your way. You need to recognize opportunities and have the confidence to act. Also, you need to be able to a dead end, cliff coming and be able to avoid them.
Oh number 6, maybe I can write comments that are more thoughtful or at least think so.

Marja said...

I am back to blogging again and sorry that I arrive a bit late here.
Happy I ended here because these are some powerful questions. They make you think, but also more aware of where you stand in life. How wonderful to find these beautiful chairs in that beautiful place. They do look inviting.

Mike Smith said...

It's taken me a while to catch up, Peggy, but what a wonderful post, as always. Very thought provoking.

miruspeg said...

Hey Mike time seems to slip by much faster as we age. Thanks for stopping by my friend and reading my post.
I guess it's time for another post from both of us.
Take care and big hugs. Peggy xxx