Wednesday 24 August 2022

WHY BLOGGING IS ESSENTIAL

Why do we blog??.......OR more to the point WHY DO I BLOG?

I have given this question considerable thought and concluded it is because I love being stroked, complimented, flattered, hugged........am I being shallow?

Probably!

Blogging has enhanced my creative side and expanded my knowledge 100 fold. I actually feel I am a better person since I started blogging.

I blog to be part of a community of people whom I respect; I want to understand your thinking and I want you to understand mine. 

I blog to be part of the conversation. I blog to remember. I blog to refine my thinking. I blog because I don't think I really understand something until I write about it. 

Finally I blog because there are truly remarkable people in the world, who perhaps would not be recognized by the world. I blog to connect with persons who share some (if not all) of my values. 

So I keep coming back to blogging because of YOU my friends, yes YOU, I keep coming back because of YOU. BLESS YOU. 

"A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked".
~~ Bernard Meltzer

8 comments:

Christine said...

So nice to hear you Peggy and so true what you said about blogging.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Hi ya Peggy, always so nice to have another post from you! And I think you're right. I suspect we all blog for those reasons. Blogging is a great creative outlet and means of communicating and meeting new people! Hugs to you!

Mike Smith said...

Welcome back, Peggy. Great to hear your wise words again!

Kathy G said...

I blog for all the same reasons you do.

Bill Lisleman said...

wow thanks for your response to my last comment. I do feel more connected because I blog. I will admit when I first started I thought my posts would be picked up quickly by my group of co-workers who had been forced to leave a closing company. My blog didn't take hold until about 2010. For awhile I was writing frequent posts and following many blogs. As you know, all over social media blogging activity diminished after a few years.
In some ways I like it more now. The group of bloggers is smaller but they are truer to their reason for posting/sharing their thoughts. I guess most of the bloggers who were after higher ranking and page views have moved on to other media. The podcasting seems to one of those. I don't have any desire to try podcasting. Writing thoughts, sharing some music, pictures is fine for me. Thanks again for another post and all the best.

J.P. Alexander said...

Yo escribo en mi blog para dar a conocer mis libros. Te mando un beso. Enamorada de las letras

miruspeg said...

Thanks Christine, Debra, Mike, Kathy for remembering me after such a long lapse from Blogging and for your kind words.
I send you my love and light for making this blogger a very happy soul.
Namaste
Peggy xxx

miruspeg said...

Hey Bill
Thank you so much for the nudge to post again, the happiness it brought was instantaneous!
Connecting with people I haven't met in real life but have a strong emotional connection to was divine.

I also thought when I started blogging I would be chatting to my work/family/friends but that was not the case. Perfect strangers/like-minded people found me and I found them and the journey began, a wonderful journey.

Bless you my friend for being part of my continued journey through the medium of blogging.

Lots of love
Peggy xxxx