Wednesday 2 June 2010

A Smile

Is the most beautiful and multi-lingual silent statement.

A smile can mean so many things:

Hello

I am so happy

Guess what I've been doing?

I am a friend

Thanks

Pleased to meet you

No one can tell I'm in pain

Everything will be all right

It's great to see you back on your feet and looking so well

I'm here if you need a hug!

"You've got to get up every morning with a smile on your face, And show the world all the love in your heart, Then people gonna treat you better, You're gonna find, yes you will, That you're beautiful as you feel."
~~ Carole King


My favourite photo of Joseph taken in Dee Why February 2009.




Here is Joseph's version of the ABC song - he is my little ray of sunshine and always makes me smile! - May 2010

13 comments:

HappyOrganist said...

He is super cute, Peggy (and you know one of the reasons he's smiling, right?)

Constance said...

Smiling right back at you, Peggy - yours lights up my life:) I can 'see' it even without being there in person!

Christine said...

I just naturally smile at people all the time, don't know why.

Mike Smith said...

What a lovely, happy, smiling face. Oh for the joy of childhood!

Anonymous said...

Yep a smile can change a day - can change the world! I love it when I catch a stranger's eye and we both spontaneously smile - and I mean a 'real' smile, not a polite smile. It lifts my heart and I remember it for ages. It sends positive vibrations out into the Universe.

You need a new song - 'Make me smile' by Cockney Rebel! (Not the one by Lilly Allen cos that's a mean song!).

miruspeg said...

Thanks for stopping by HO, Aurora, Christine, Mike and Stoneweaver.
Your comments always make me smile.....I am probably addicted to them!!!

OH and Stoneweaver your wish is my command regarding the song!

Keep smiling.....keep shining dear blog friends, you light up my life.
Peggy xxxxxx

Chapter Forty said...

You make me smile

And it takes less muscle effort to smile than frown.

Reanaclaire said...

He looks so adorable.. my first time here.. a very nice blog you have!

greetings,
reanaclaire.com

Who you callin' housewife? said...

So often during my childhood (and today, still) people would tell me to smile. It would really tick me off. Still does. I really can't smile on command.

Perhaps I should practice at home.

Hybrid J said...

Ahhh, what a little sunshine your Joseph is! And both of you are bringing loads of sunshine to the blogland. THANK YOU ! :D

miruspeg said...

Hello
Chapter Forty
Reanaclaire
Who you callin' housewife (Love that name)
Hybrid J

Bless you for shining your light and bringing smiles into my life. :)

Marja said...

Oh what a gorgeous little chap He does make me smile. A smile can make such a difference to your day.
:)

miruspeg said...

Marja he makes me smile every Wednesday....what a gorgeous gift he is, I feel so blessed to have him in my life. :)