Tuesday 13 April 2010

I've Learned

I've learned that the most creative ideas come from beginners - not the experts.

I've learned that worry is often a substitute for action.

I've learned that if you like yourself and who you are, then you'll probably like almost everyone you meet regardless of who they are.

I've learned that everyone has something to teach.

I've learned that you can get by on charm for about fifteen minutes. After that, you'd better know something.

I've learned that the greatest challenge of life is to decide what's important and to disregard everything else.

I've learned that you can't be a hero without taking chances.

I've learned that my greatest fear is that in later years I'll look back at a long list of things I "never got around to".

I've learned that lying in the green grass of an empty field makes you feel so good.

I've learned that if you pursue happiness, it will elude you. But if you focus on your family, the needs of others, your work, meeting new people and doing the very best you can happiness will find you.

I've learned that animals can sometimes warm your heart better than people can.

I've learned that sometimes life hands you situations when all you can do is put one foot in front of the other and live moment to moment.

I've learned that I still have a lot to learn!

"I must learn to love the fool in me the one who feels too much, talks too much, takes too many chances, wins sometimes and loses often, lacks self-control, loves and hates, hurts and gets hurt, promises and breaks promises, laughs and cries."
~~ Theodore Isaac Rubin



My favourite tree in The Rocks, Sydney - taken 7th March 2010.

20 comments:

Christine said...

such wise words on learning...I like the one about action instead of worrying

Mike Smith said...

I learned many years ago that coming home late from the pub can result in severe earache...

Cozyflier said...

You are a wise woman my friend. I've also learned that hindsight really IS 20/20!!!!

Love the new photos. Can't wait to see more.

Hybrid J said...

Once again, I'm in awe of your wisdom! How many times we set back and really think through what we learn from Life? Not much. I'm so happy you decide to share this with us. I've currently going through some life change (?!) which is quite stressful. But your post help to shed some light on some of the issues. Thank you!

Also, I truly appreciate your supportive and wonderful comments about my artwork. It helps me to keep going. :)

Chapter Forty said...

Beautiful beautiful beautiful.
I've learned a lot about you from this post and I like it all.

Cameron said...

Peggy,
It's a pleasure to find you and read such sage words from one with an open mind and giving heart....things that are very necessary in the learning process :)
Thank you for entering my giveaway It is so fun (and Ego Stroking for me, too...haha) to have a reason for new people to visit. I hope you come back often, as I intend to do here!

All my best,
Cameron

Who you callin' housewife? said...

I've learned that I need to read this post everyday!

Anonymous said...

Yeah - life's a learning curve. But then how about this: some things you just 'know'. Know what I mean?

I like your point number 3, because I think it's true. Often when we take against someone it's because they are exposing or encouraging something we don't like about ourselves.

So when were you lying in an empty field eh? Were you watching the world go downside up? ;o)

I like that tree too - the knobbles are probably disease yet I think it's beautiful!

Sarah Lulu said...

And I have learned there is so much more to learn and I can relax into that. xx

miruspeg said...

Hello friends
After reading your thoughtful comments I've just realised I have learned something else:

I've learned that a fulfilled life is not possible without friends!

Bless you all!
Peggy xxxx

Unknown said...

life itself is a learning process, Meggy,
I still have so much to learn...

June said...

So true Peggy! Love all your posts my friend.
Hugs, June

Silver said...

How true it is, especially the one on worry.You are always so full of light and wise, my darling Peggy!

This tree.. the same one that you hugged the last time??

ps i am so sorry for visiting you so late... i do wish there are more hours in a day! hahaaa!

HappyOrganist said...

That's an interesting tree..

Marit said...

I found your blog through "Mrs. Peel" and spend quite some time here... love to read all your thoughts, to look at your pictures.. to "get to know you" a bit... Thanks for all the wise words and inspiration!

Beth Niquette said...

How very wise you are! And that photo of the tree is fabulous!!!

Debra said...

Ah dear one, you always make me consider what's truly important when I stop by your blog.

Thank you for sharing so much of what you have learned with those of us who can learn so much from you.

Love,
Debbie

Marja said...

You learned a lot You are wise but I already knew that. I like the one
to decide what's important very much and share the fear that I not get around things. I love my work at the moment but have less time for so many other exciting things I would like to do. Wish the day had 48 hours

Lilly said...

I have a lot to learn too but I am eager to learn the lessons too but amy actively walking away from the really hard ones. I like number 3 best of all. It took me a long time to learn that one. People who are indeed comfortable with themselves will never see the bad in others or want to criticise anyone else either. I like the list. Thanks for the reminder Peggy.

Nina said...

"I've learned that I still have a lot to learn!" How true is this. Just when you think you've mastered something, you have found that there is yet more to do, more to learn. Change keeps us learning, keeps us moving... When I embrace change I grow... I always tell my students; the day I quit learning is the day I quit, and that hasn't happened yet, and I pray it never will. There is so much out there that we as humans have just scratched the surface of. Science, Spirituality, and the combination of both... Life is filled with mystery and magic... and I am like a child still exploring.
Blessings to you my friend. Love and Light, Nina P