Sunday 12 April 2009

Funny Bunnies



"I got a chocolate rabbit
For an Easter treat,
A great big chocolate rabbit,
Big enough to eat.

So I ate his ears on Sunday,
His nose I finished Monday.
Tuesday, I nibbled on his feet.
I ate his tail on Wednesday.
Thursday I kept on,
By Friday he was going.
Saturday he was gone.

Oh, I loved my chocolate rabbit
From the moment that he came,
And if I get another one,
I'll love him just the same"!

Author Unknown


Apparently this poem is popular with small kids and is sung in nursery schools at Easter time. For children Easter is all about fun, feasting and sharing great moments.....Hope Easter is the same for you.


Charlie and Joseph having their turn with the rabbit at Charlie's preschool when the petting farm animals came to visit - June 2008

6 comments:

Roban said...

I've never heard the song before. It's cute...! The big bunny always visits our house, but this year he's been directed to not hide the eggs!

Have a Happy Easter,
Hugs,
Roban

McMGrad89 said...

It is supposed to be a cold Easter here tomorrow. It wasn't very nice today, but we went down to the Bob Bullock Museum in Austin to see the movie Monsters vs Aliens in 3D Imax form. It was super.

Cute shot of the boys.

Happy Easter - I hope you enjoy lunch with your mum.

Annemarie

Cathy said...

I've not heard this before lol cute boys with the bunny
we had a lovely Easter here.

TheChicGeek said...

Cutest little boys ever!

Stefunkc said...

So funny!! Hope you had a great Easter. Any Easter spent with children and bunnies has to be fun:)

Lilly said...

Gorgeous picture of those innocent faces. This was the first Easter I have never eaten any chocolate. We were just busy. Sweet poem.