Wednesday 22 September 2010

Quick-Witted Child

At my supermarket I noticed a woman with four boys and a baby.

Her patience was wearing thin as the boys called out "Mummy! Mummy! while she tried to shop.

Finally she blurted out, "I don't want to hear the word Mummy for at least ten minutes!"

The boys fell silent for a few seconds.

Then one tugged on his mother's dress and said softly,

"Excuse me, miss!"

I smiled all day remembering that conversation.

Hope something or someone made you smile today and vice versa.

"You've got to get up every morning with a smile on your face, And show the world all the love in your heart, Then people gonna treat you better, You're gonna find, yes you will, That you're beautiful as you feel".
~~ Carole King



Here is another quick-witted child that keeps me on my toes! Joseph in our favourite park in Cromer, Sydney, September 2010

11 comments:

HappyOrganist said...

Yeah kids are great, huh.. ^^

Reanaclaire said...

They really brighten up your day.. lol...

reanaclaire.com

Cozyflier said...

I love it when kids think outside the box! Great story Peggy! Beautiful pictures as usual!
Hugs, my friend

Cameron said...

Kids do find creative ways to fit within the rules set forth...

What a cute story...made me smile, too...and think of my little girl. I miss her when she's at school :)

Btw...that pic with the boat from your last post is simply stunning!!

Good to read your optimistic and witty words again, Peg :D

McMGrad89 said...

Thanks for the smile. I read the story to a friend at school and we both laughed out loud.

Christine said...

oh, that was cute!

Mike Smith said...

I was in the supermarket at the weekend and saw a fella who bought 40 cigarettes and a bottle of vodka … and then produced a “Bag for Life” to put them in...

Hope you're well, Peggy.

Marja said...

oh how gorgeous That's why I love kids. They are so inventive and innocent. You always have such great posts

Jennifer said...

Thanks for this! I laughed out loud. I've had moments like this with my older son, Kai. Yesterday I made a silly sound while playing with my boys and Isaiah, 17 months burst out laughing. We kept going back and forth making sounds and laughing so hard we had tears rolling down our cheeks. It felt so good.

Chapter Forty said...

I really love this...

Sunny said...

Kids are so great :) And smart too! I love this ... good thinking, I'd say, lol ! Cute.